Wednesday 28 July 2010

Busy, busy

We've had another busy day at show today.  One of today's highlights is when the Papertrey Ink girls came by.  Most people want to meet the design team and although they're a very talented bunch the two ladies I wanted to see we're the owners Julie and her Mom (my American Mom) Jane.  Julie you're looking totally fabulous.  Apologies for the colours in this photo - don't you just love show lighting.


After the show today we went out for dinner with one of our suppliers.  They picked us up and took us downtown.  As the traffic was so bad we ended up having some of the meeting in the car - the high class world of the craft industry hey!


Dinner was amazing tonight, it has to be one of the best restaurants I've ever been to in the US.  Sepia was fabulous from the decor, to the atmosphere, drinks and mostly the food.  I started with a Mule - very gingery (like all the best things in life) and really fresh.


My starter was white asparagus with seranno ham, a delicate sauce and the most perfect poached egg, topped with a mini melba toast.


My main course was white bream with a chanterelle sauce, with sweetcorn.  there was also a side dish of deep friend okra - very tasty.


I couldn't manage a sweet but I did have a small amount of Sara's dessert, that was very chocolatey with a great addition of peanut butter, it really was worth every calorie.

Thank you to Mike, Audrey and Deborah for a fabulous evening.  We're looking forward to working with you.


So that's it for today's adventures.  I wonder what tomorrow holds in store.
xxx

No comments:

Stat counter


View My Stats