Saturday 30 October 2010

Adventures at Anna's

I'm spending the weekend with one of my favourite friends and doing what I love best, eating, drinking, gluing and sticking.  I arrived last night and have been having a blast ever since.  This morning I made a card for breast cancer,  I challenged myself to use no patterned paper, I'm not sure why I thought that would be fun, but hey!  The card was also inspired by challenges at:
CRAFT challenge - monochrome
PaperCutz - Breast cancer awareness

  
Supplies used:
Card - Papertrey ink
Die cuts - Slice Think Pink and basic elelments
Embossing folder - cuttlebug
Ribbon - Papertey ink

Then we popped out for a bit, lunch at Ruskin Mill, which is always yummy and wholesome.  Today it was broccoli and cheese pancakes.


After some retail therapy and a quick visit to see Nick, Anna's boyfriend we made it home just in time to set up our downstairs crafting space before we settled in for a night of Strictly Come Dancing, X-factor and Pierce Morgan.  I think this a my perfect craft space with an obligatory glass of Prosecco!

  
Our challenge tonight was to make cards for the Hucklow Christmas fayre.  As well as being a  great place for our scrapbooking weekends they also do some great work up there - Send a Child to Hucklow, so we thought we'd like to support them.  We found some very (and I mean very) old Create & Craft kits and just put them together.  It's quite satisfying to make over 80 cards between the of us.  Here's one set:


Right I'm off to bed now to get that extra hours sleep!
xxx


12 comments:

pennyd said...

Beautiful cards! It is a challenge for me to just use cardstock for a project as well. Thanks for playing at PaperCutz with us!

Nicola said...

Oooh! I love your crafting space! Does Anna rent him out lol!
Have a great weekend.
Nicola.xx

Unknown said...

Simply stunning thank you for sharing it with us at CRAFT Challenge this week.

Good Luck

Kerry x

Anonymous said...

Hi Claire,
Your card for breast cancer is absolutely beautiful! Looks like you had a lovely day with Anna and I can't believe how many cards you made! They are lovely; the CAS style I love. xxx

Vicky said...

Fantastic cards Claire!, love the breast awareness card and the others are fabulous! Enjoy the rest of your weekend crafting,
hugs Vicky xx

Sue Jones said...

They are great and i am SO impressed 80!!!!! Well done you two

♥Gemma♥ said...

Stunning selection of cards :o)
hugs and xxx

Annette said...

Ginger, this is simply fabulous & oh so pretty in pink! Thanks for joining us at the CRAFT Challenge this week.

Jeri said...

Love the wonderful breast cancer card with no patterned paper. That embossing adds such interest. Thanks for playing along at Paper Cutz.

Unknown said...

That is my kind of crafting space :D You are busy, busy, busy...looking forward to seeing you on friday
L xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card, thank you for joining in with us this week at C.R.A.F.T Challenge
Kevin xx

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Wonderful breast cancer awareness card!! love the softness and the embossing - thanks for playing at Paper Cutz this week!
melissa

Stat counter


View My Stats