Thursday 25 November 2010

Craftaganza - Day 1

This has to be one of my favourite times of the year.  Yes it really is up there with Christmas and going on holiday.  It's our annual craft event - Craftaganza.  This year we've had 80+ of our customers join us for 3 days craft classes and lots and lots of fun.  They really are the nicest people who come to the event and it's great to see so many of them come back each year.
My class was crafting boot-camp and we had 4 cards to make in an hour and three quarters and all of workshop attendees today flew through the class.  The first card we tackled was a circle slider card which looks really tricky but with a little bit of know how it's a doddle.  I'm entering this card into the following challenge:
Cute card Thursday - blast from the past - challenge #114 no designer papers




Supplies used:
Circle slider - Popcorn Platinum Cd - kids and florals
Die cut - grande scallop square nestabilities

This next one is a little dome card.  These are super easy and I'm going to pop a how to over on the Crafter's Companion News & Inspiration Blog very soon. 
I'm entering it into the challenge at:
ABC challenge - ice and snow



 Supplies used:
Design printed onto pearlised card - Popcorn CD - frosty & bright
Die cuts - circle and scalloped circle nestabilities
Decoupage - Popcorn die cut decoupage


It's a wonder we even got the event started with the snow that had fallen overnight.  It took me a while to get there but I did arrive as did all the workshop leaders (Sara, Leanne, Jayne, Sheena, Carolyn, Margaret & Sarah) and our lovely delegates.


Giving me a hand with getting ready for class the lovely Carolyn and Margaret, who were there to teach jewellery making.


We got Sarah helping too


Here's my first class with their dome cards.  The first class is always the toughest but they were a fabulous group, so no problems.



We even get a break for lunch.  The food at the Aston hotel is fabulous, it might be even better this year as they have a new chef!  Lemon meringue wasn't on the dessert menu for lunch but with a quiet word in the right ear I managed to acquire a rather large slice!


So back to it after lunch and it was the class with some of the design team in and also a few of our forum members.  I thought they might give me a bit of banter but they were surprisingly well behaved. especially Carol, who was  exceptionally good. 



The last class of the day were mostly made up of the class that I had in the first session last year, so I know quite a bit about this bunch and they finished off my teaching day with a smile.  It was also great to meet some new crafters.






 That evening after dinner I held a drop in session for those people who wanted to know more about the different die cutting machines we stock.  So yet more handle turning - hopefully it's toning up my bingo wings!
With the snow still lingering a decision was made for us to stay over.  Luckily we're a team that don't mind sharing hair brushes.  The good part of that is that I could have a glass or two of wine, but we were quite restrained as we know we were up for another busy day tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anne said...

We all had a fabulous time Claire Huge thanks to you all for putting up with us each year
Anne xx

Yvonne said...

I had the best time out! And you sure did put us through your bootcamp!
Loved doing your beautiful cards. Thank you for all the time and effort you all put in xx
Roll on next year! Are you ready!!

Clare Brown said...

wow I just love your circle slider card, will def be back soon to find out how too. Goodluck at abc challenges this week.

clare c

Vanja said...

Beautiful! I love the bears.

Thank you for joining us at CCT! :)
Hugs, Vanja

Stat counter


View My Stats