Thursday 2 February 2012

The Sleeping Beauty

Last night the ballet was amazing.  For me it's a total sensory overload, the music, the costumes, the dancing, I just love it.  I love the orchestra all tuning up and then setting the scene.  I always feel a little sorry for the orchestra as once the dancing begins I forget there's all those people in the orchestra pit making the music.  Scottish Ballet put a contemporary feel to a traditional ballet and it was clever, funny, beautiful and just left my heart dancing.







I love the 1940's feel of these costumes - so beautiful and pointe shoes to match





All the pictures are from the Scottish Ballet website


The costumes and the sets have set my creative mind racing so no doubt they'll be some cards inspired by my cultural night out soon.


More culture for tonight, after a hair cut I'm off to Kamala's for tea which will mean a fabulous Indian feast.  This week just keeps getting better and better.
Love ya
Ginger
xxx

No comments:

Stat counter


View My Stats