Tuesday 7 August 2012

Make It Monday

Yes, I know it's Tuesday but I wanted to share the card I made for Make It Monday this week. The challenge this week was to watercolour ith ink pads. Having trawled through my PTI stamps I realised I don't have many of their stamps that are designed for colouring in. I could have used Delightful Dahlias the same as Dawn, but I knew mine would come out nowhere near as beautiful as hers, so I reached for Stitches & Swirls and made my own background. I loved the technique so much I ended up with enough background paper to make 2 identical cards:


I love the fact that from a blank piece of paper you go to this


Then to this


Then into a card, such fun!
Now something to make you smile. Last night before card making I decided I'd spent far too much of the day sitting on my derrière, so Olympic fever took hold and I jogged along whilst watching the womens 3000m steeplechase on TV. Don't worry I didn't take it too far and start leaping over the furniture or designing a water jump! Anyone else joining in with the Olympics?

Right I'm off to work. Have a great day.
Love ya
Ginger
xxx

9 comments:

GlitteryKatie said...

Thats beautiful ginge!! I'd but that if it was a paper!! Gorgeous card!!

Jill Norwood said...

Love your card! This was such a fun technique! I have been enjoying the Olympics too though haven't gotten to watch as much as I wanted. Your comment made me smile! I love your sense of fun!

Gabby said...

Saw your link on the PTI blog. Nice water-colored background. Lovely card! :)

Leigh Penner said...

Lovely card, Ginger!
Ooh, great idea to use Stitches and Swirls! I've been mentally going through my stamp sets, trying to figure out which sets I have would work for this technique (I don't have a lot of outline ones...) but hadn't thought of this one! TFS!

Luanne said...

Great choice of stamps! Love your watercolor wonder!

julie_woolston said...

Gorgeous card Claire the papers are gorgeous, fabulous detail.

Hugs Julie x

Emma said...

Great card Ginger, it looks really lovely :)

Karen C. said...

This is one of my favourite sets and the watercolour technique really works well with the floral images. Very soft and pretty look.

Pam W. said...

Great job with the technique and Stitches & Swirls is a perfect set to use.

I, too, have been watching the Olympics, but my backside has been perfectly happy remaining on my sofa.

I hope you are having a wonderful week!

Stat counter


View My Stats